Spring 2018 Release Includes Launch of Conversation History, User Experience Enhancements, the Next Evolution of Smart Components and More
London and New York – April 30, 2018 – Smart CommunicationsTM, the only independent company focused solely on enterprise customer conversations, today announced the release of the latest version of its customer communications management solutions. Many of the enhancements support the company’s new Conversation Cloud framework, which is designed to help enterprises easily integrate Smart Communications’ customer communications management tools with other key pieces of their technology ecosystem. This approach helps companies operate more efficiently while also improving conversations by providing a more complete view of each customer.
Key among Smart Communications’ latest rollout is Conversation History. This new feature allows deep insight into customer conversations by recording key metadata associated with every communication sent in order to track what, when and how they were sent as well as any related actions taken. Conversation History listens to all outbound communications produced by SmartCOMMTM and stores them in a highly-efficient and scalable repository. It can also ingest events from 3rd party systems, providing even deeper insight. Insight into communications performance can be used to hyper-personalize subsequent communications with specific individuals, or can be aggregated to uncover trends across the business.
“Conversation History is a key piece of our Conversation Cloud framework. With this new feature, enterprises can better understand the impact of their customer communications and leverage important trends that will help these interactions evolve into even more meaningful conversations over time,” said Simon Tindal, CTO of Smart Communications. “By integrating multiple technologies into a customized ecosystem, customer-centric organizations can collect and act on a tremendous amount of valuable customer data and increase internal efficiencies by breaking down silos and unifying the customer conversations being led by multiple groups within a company. This is precisely why we developed the Conversation Cloud.”
The Spring 2018 release also includes enhancements to Smart Components and other key updates designed to improve the user experience and increase efficiency. Specifically, Smart Communications has unveiled the following new features:
- SmartSearch, a new tenancy-wide search capability, allowing users to search across the entire Smart Communications CMS, view open resources, resource versions, folders and projects from search results. It supports complex queries, and searches within specific types, date ranges and more.
- Smart Components Expressions, which allow the use of data items and scripting within properties, and can now be used with a user-friendly new control to allow dynamic values to be passed to the Smart Components
- New Import functionality, designed to reduce the time it takes to convert a static HTML page to a dynamic Smart Communications layout
- New Content Assembly Tree panel that allows users to quickly locate specific content, save time while building templates, and allowing sections and rules to be located quickly
- Project dashboard enhancements, including optimized use of screen real estate
- Updates to the Template Editor UI, including visual creation of the current Excel charting capabilities
- Advanced scripting functionality with templates, allowing users to easily create and manage sophisticated template types
- DOCX output support for all SmartCOMM and SmartCORR customers, allowing output to the industry-standard DOCX format
- Wet Signing capabilities for instances where electronic signatures are not appropriate or possible during a collaboration. Users can now easily download a draft as a PDF, sign offline and then re-upload the executed document.
Smart Communications’ latest release also includes enhancements to SmartCORRTM for Salesforce Enterprise Edition, allowing users to take advantage of multiple projects within SmartCORR – enabling individual projects to have their own sandboxed development and release workflow. In addition to the standard Project Release Workflow, Enterprise Edition customers can use the Project Approval Workflow functionality to allow for projects to be reviewed by other users and groups within the system before release. The Project Approval Workflow also audits all major project actions within a new Project History page.
“This release will help enterprises efficiently deliver meaningful customer conversations at tremendous scale,” added Tindal. “This is our sole focus.”
About Smart Communications
Smart Communications™ is the only independent company focused 100% on customer conversations for the enterprise, and the only cloud solution ranked as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for CCM. More than 350 global brands – many in the world’s most highly regulated industries – rely on Smart Communications to make multi-channel customer communications more meaningful, while also helping them simplify their processes and operate more efficiently. This is what it means to scale the conversation. Smart Communications is headquartered in London and New York and serves its customers from offices located across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. The company offers a range of solutions including SmartCOMMTM, SmartDXTM, SmartCORRTM for Salesforce, and SmartCaaSTM for Partners. To learn more, visit smartcommunications.com.