SmartComms SC Limited and its group companies (collectively “Smart Communications”, “we”, “us” and “our”) respect your privacy and commit to protecting it through our compliance with the practices described in Cookies Notice (“Notice”).
This Notice describes the cookies used when you visit https://www.smartcommunications.com/ or other digital properties, communications, or forms that link or refer to this notice (our “Website“). This Notice applies regardless of the country where you are located.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store your preferences so we may customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
What types of cookies do we use?
Below is a detailed list of the cookies we use on the Website. Our Website is scanned with our cookie scanning tool regularly to maintain a list as accurate as possible. We classify cookies in the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Targeting Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Functional Cookies
- Social Media Cookies
The specific types of Cookies served through the Website are described below:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the Website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personal data.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal data, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Social Media Cookies: On some pages of the Website, third parties that provide applications through the Website (such as LinkedIn, Google and Twitter) may collect your IP address and set their own cookies in order to track the success of their applications or customize applications for you. These services will also authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal data with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form or provide feedback. For example, when you follow the Smart Communications Group using a social media button on the website or Smart Communications Group social network (e.g. Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn), the social network that has created the button will record that you have done this. Because of how cookies work, we cannot access these cookies, nor can the third parties access the data in cookies used by us. Some pages of the Website may also contain embedded content, such as video content from YouTube, and these sites may set their own cookies. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing them. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
Certain features of our Website may use Flash cookies (local stored objects) instead of browser cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies and browser cookies use different management tools and you must manage their settings separately.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in our Cookies Preference Center.
How long do cookies last for?
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are ‘session cookies’. These cookies exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are ‘persistent cookies’. These cookies survive after your browser is closed until a defined expiration date. They can be used by websites to recognise your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
Remarketing and Behavioural Advertisting
The Website uses Wistia (https://wistia.com) to power its medias. Wistia tracks how you interact with the medias on the Website: how much of a media you play, at what points in a media you pause or rewind, etc. In some medias, we pause the media and request that you provide your email address or name. You are under no obligation to provide this information, but we reserve the right to limit certain medias to identified users. Wistia aggregates the data collected through the medias here, including names and email addresses, and provides it to us. Other than providing this data to us, Wistia does not sell or provide the data it collects from our medias to third parties.
Opt-out from/Restrict Cookies and Online Behavioural Advertising
You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies. In addition, you can opt-out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies) by visiting our Cookies Preference Center by clicking ‘Manage Cookie Preferences’ in the footer of this page . Please also note that if you choose to reject or remove cookies, doing so may prevent certain features or services of the Website from working properly and therefore affect your experience. Areas of the Website that can potentially incorporate content from third parties and which therefore place third-party cookies, will not be available to you. If that is the case, you will be informed accordingly. Since your cookie opt-out preferences are also stored in a cookie in your website browser, please also note that if you delete all cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
Some web browsers be configured to transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites a user visits. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted or whether they are even aware of them. Except as required under applicable law, we do not change our practices in response to “do-not-track” signals. For more information on “do-not-track,” visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.